Registration for the 2023 NAIS School Leadership Institute has reached capacity. Contact [email protected] or (202) 973-9700 if you have any questions.
2023 NAIS School Leadership Institute
July 25-28, 2023
The National Conference Center, Leesburg, VA
Regardless of your career stage, you’ll find the NAIS School Leadership Institute (SLI) to be a beneficial step in your leadership development. This intensive, three-day residential program helps you better understand your own leadership style and identify your strengths as well as areas for growth in five key facets of independent school leadership. The institute incorporates learning experiences at four levels—whole group, working group, home room groups, and individual meetings. A unique facet of this institute is the incorporation of a 360-degree assessment anchored in the best-selling Leadership Practices Inventory. Drawing on personalized data from your own school context, you will come away with actionable insights into your own leadership, a renewed sense of purpose for your work, and clarity about future goals for your ongoing growth as a leader. Best of all, SLI provides the opportunity to build close-knit relationships with mentors and peers from around the country—professionals who will sustain and support you throughout your career.
- Leadership best practices for all levels of leaders
- A full 360-degree review from your colleagues, supervisors, and direct reports on your personal strengths and areas for growth as a leader
- Small-group processing around personal and professional celebrations and challenges
- Tools, activities, and language you can take back to your team at school and immediately apply as you seek to intentionally grow as a leader
Registration for the 2023 NAIS School Leadership Institute has reached capacity.
Registration pricing includes three full days of programming with expert facilitators, a full 360-degree assessment, housing, meals, and refreshments. Accommodations are at The National Conference Center, Leesburg, VA, checking in on July 25 and checking out on July 28. All rooms are single occupancy.
|Registration Pricing||Early Bird Pricing
The 2023 NAIS School Leadership Institute is a residential program. Please plan to arrive on the morning of Tuesday, July 25, and depart the afternoon of Friday, July 28, as the program begins with lunch at noon ET on July 25 and ends at noon ET on July 28. Please plan to stay for the entirety of the program, and please email us if you think you would not be able to fully participate in the residential program, including spending the night at The National Conference Center.
Thank you to our 2023 SLI sponsors!
|BRONZE Sponsor||Carney Sandoe & Associates|
2023 Faculty and Facilitators
- Chia-Chee Chiu, head of middle school, Shady HIll School (MA)
- Phil Gutierrez, head of school, Marin Primary & Middle School (CA)
- Courtney Martin, head of school, Sheridan School (DC)
- Stacia McFadden, upper school assistant principal, Rowland Hall (UT)
- Jason Novak, head of lower school, Brooklyn Friends School (NY)
- Rob Scotlan, upper schools assistant director of student life, Annie Wright Schools (WA)
- Honor Taft, head of school, Friends School (CO)
- Tom Taylor, head school, The Paideia School (GA)
- The NAIS Leadership and Governance Team (Morva McDonald, Emilia Ayon, and Patrick Schuermann)
Cancellations must be received in writing at this email: [email protected]. Cancellations received up to 30 days (June 25) prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded, less a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the program will not be refunded.
Please contact [email protected] or (202) 973-9700 if you have any questions.