Registration for the 2023 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) has reached capacity. Contact [email protected] or (202) 973-9700 if you have any questions.
2023 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute
June 25-June 30, 2023
Emory Conference Center, Atlanta, GA
Communities and individuals adjust to the impacts of a global pandemic. Racism and other forms of interpersonal and structural discrimination continue to rend our social fabric. Disinformation fuels polarization and opposition to longstanding DEI programs that make schools safer for all children and youth. Mental, emotional, and spiritual health and well-being decline.
The 2023-24 school year presents a litany of challenges for school leaders—including diversity and equity professionals and other educators—committed to inclusive excellence. The NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) is an engaging, trusted community of practice that helps educators meet today’s challenges and transform them into opportunities for innovation and strategic change.
DLI is a residential institute that features one-to-one connections and small- and large-group interactions that reinforce engagement with institute content and process. DLI’s approach also generates active collaboration, networking, and other tools needed to lead and manage through polarizing conflict, power imbalances, the impact of unexamined racial identity, the effects of systemic racism, other injustices, and more. Led by a diverse and experienced faculty, DLI participants will:
- Examine best and emerging practices that deepen understanding of the field of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Hear and learn innovative approaches to DEI from experts and practitioners
- Explore frameworks for “doing the work” strategically, collaboratively, and with mindful attention to the past, present, and future
- Develop action plans that include coaching and mentoring by DLI faculty throughout the year
The 2023 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute is designed for:
- Independent school leaders who have direct responsibility for their community’s diversity initiatives and programs
- Faculty and staff (with or without related titles) who plan, support, coordinate, and execute DEIB/J programs
- Educators, including classroom teachers, who wish to increase their effectiveness working with students and adults in diverse settings
- Student support staff, deans of faculty, global and international education practitioners, and all who care about the health and well-being of their school communities
Registration for 2023 NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute has reached capacity.
DLI is a residential program that will take place at the Emory Conference Center Hotel. The registration fee includes room and board and all meals during on-campus programming.
When planning your travel to DLI, please arrive by 11:30 AM ET on Sunday, June 25, to complete your registration. We will begin with lunch from 11:45 AM-12:45 PM ET, and the DLI opening plenary will begin at 1:00 PM ET. The institute will end at 7:30 PM ET on June 30. Lodging through the night of June 30 is included in your registration fee. NAIS will make ALL hotel reservations for an arrival of Sunday, June 25, and departure on Saturday, July 1. If you need hotel accommodations outside of these dates, please contact [email protected]. Special requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
||Early Bird Pricing
*Contact us for more information about the benefits of NAIS membership, including discounted event pricing.
Thank you to our 2023 DLI sponsors!
- Karen Bradberry, DEI consultant
- Allen Broyles, managing director, organizational learning practice leader, MehtaCognition
- Crissy Cáceres, head of school, Brooklyn Friends School (NY)
- Nicole DuFauchard, head of school, The Advent School (MA)
- Johnnie Foreman, DEIB consultant, former director of diversity, equity, and inclusion at Gilman School(MD)
- Rosetta Lee, science teacher, diversity trainer, and consultant, Seattle Girls' School (WA)
- Christel McGuigan, high school assistant principal, Mid-Pacific Institute (HI)
- Steven Tejada, head of upper school, Maret School (DC)
- Billy Vargas, director of diversity, equity, and community, Norwood School (MD)
- James Calleroz White, head of school, The Galloway School (GA)
- Caroline G. Blackwell, vice president, equity and justice, NAIS
Follow along and be part of the DLI conversation on Twitter with #NAISDLI.
Cancellations must be received in writing at this email address: [email protected]
. Cancellations received up to 30 days (May 26) prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded, less a $75 administrative fee. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the program will not be refunded.